Male Hair Restoration (Hair Replacement)
Naples Plastic Surgery
One of the things that Gardner Plastic Surgery is really getting into lately is hair surgery–both for men and women. We have hair removal systems which consist of a laser, one of which is almost painless to remove unwanted hair in places like the upper lip for women, cheeks, under the arms and bikini line. And then hair replacement is becoming very popular–it used to be that we would take plugs and put them in the scalp where hair was missing nut it always looked sort of odd like cornrows.
The most recent innovations are micro-graphs, literally one or two hair follicles that are placed in the scalp where there’s hair missing, and it looks much more natural and gives a nice natural wave. The latest innovation is a machine called the NeoGraft. The NeoGraft actually uses a suction apparatus to harvest the grafts so we’re able to avoid that long scar in the back of the hair and that helps with things like numbness or even eventually if hair is lost back there–the avoidance of that scar.
So, come visit us at Gardner Plastic Surgery to see what your options are for hair removal and replacement.
Your Hair Restoration Procedure
Depending on the area being treated, different methods may be utilized for your hair transplant or restoration. In every case, hair follicles are re-positioned from one area to the thinning or balding area. Your surgeon, either Dr. Paul Gardner or Dr. Leo Baccaro, will start by using local anesthetic in the areas used for both donating and receiving the hair follicles. The doctor will then divide the removed area of hair follicles into many small segments, each holding anywhere from a single strand to multiple hairs, which will be transplanted into the balding or thinning areas. Typically, scars are hardly noticeable because they are covered by hair.
Your Hair Restoration Options
- NeoGraft® Follicular Unit Extraction – This groundbreaking method of hair transplantation removes individual hair follicles from the scalp in their naturally occurring groupings of about 1-4 hairs and then places them in the areas of the scalp where balding has occurred. It is the least invasive procedure for hair transplantation, using no stitches or staples and leaving no unsightly scars.
- Stem Cell Injections- Stem cells are harvested from the blood and injected into the scalp to promote hair growth.
- Strip Harvesting – A strip of hair is removed, typically from the back of the head. The strip is then divided into several pieces and transplanted to the balding area.
- Follicular Unit Extraction – The actual hair follicles are taken from a large area around the head and then placed in the thinning or bald area.
- Flap Surgery – A section of the balding area is replaced with skin that contains active hair follicles. It will cover a large area of baldness and hair will grow back immediately.
- Scalp Reduction – Typically performed in addition to hair transplants. A section of bald scalp is removed, and skin containing active hair follicles is pulled to fill the area.
Your Hair Restoration Scars & Incisions
Dr. Gardner or Dr. Baccaro will work with you to assess exactly where hair follicles should be removed for transplant. Your surgeon will point out which locations provide the most discreet areas to perform incisions with minimal scar visibility. Typically, scars are unnoticeable as they will be covered by hair. Speak with your surgeon about your options, concerns, and aesthetic goals.
How Long Will My Results Last?
Your hair transplant or restoration should last indefinitely. Every patient is different, and you should understand that treatment may take up to several years depending on the severity of your personal hair loss situation. Sometimes, additional loss of your original hair may occur, or the hair may not look as full as you would like. In cases like these, you can schedule an additional procedure at Naples Plastic Surgery, and we will continue to do all we can to help you achieve your hair restoration goals.
CONTACT US NOW
Your Hair Restoration Procedure
Health is the highest priority to our surgeons, so they work with great care when performing hair restoration to improve the aesthetics of the hair. They take pride in helping patients begin their journey toward their aesthetic goals and strives to help patients obtain the natural-looking results they desire.
Additional Plastic Surgery Procedures
with Dr. Gardner and Dr. Baccaro
The surgical team at Naples Plastic Surgery has a long-standing, stellar reputation for outstanding levels of skill, talent, and beautiful results. Dr. Paul M. Gardner and Dr. Leopoldo M. Baccaro are all highly trained, experienced, and respected in the Naples community.