Paul M. Gardner, MD, FACS
Your Naples Plastic Surgeon
- American Board of Plastic Surgery, Diplomate
Continuing Education and Awards
What’s most rewarding to me about plastic surgery is to see a patient come in with a particular problem or issue that they want to correct and then going through the process and then of course the process of healing but then seeing the end result and seeing the satisfaction that they have when they’ve met that goal of improving themselves. It was my third year of medical school when I decided I wanted to be a plastic surgeon. The very first surgery I saw was a cleft lip repair by a plastic surgeon and I knew at that moment that that’s what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. Even though I spent the rest of medical school really enjoying all the different specialties, I was always drawn back to plastic surgery. In fact, I spent a year going on medical missions with Operation Smile to help repair cleft lips in kids.
Professional and Plastic Surgery Societies
- Edward Woodward Surgical Society
- American Society of Plastic Surgery
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- Attending Surgeon at the hospital at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (1995-2006).
- Attending Surgeon at The Children’s Hospital of Alabama, Birmingham (1995-2006).
- Attending Surgeon at the Birmingham Veteran’s Administration Medical Center (1995-2006).
- Staff Surgeon at the Physician’s Regional Medical Center in Naples, Florida (2007 – 2017 ).
- Staff Surgeon at the NCH Healthcare System in Naples, Florida (2008 – Present).