Lip Augmentation (Lip Enhancement)
Naples Plastic Surgery
At Naples Plastic Surgery lip augmentation can be natural, with fat; or synthetic, with injectable fillers. This should plump the lips for a year and sometimes several. Lip implants are designed to offer a more permanent solution.
Hello, I’m Dr. Walsh. Are you dreaming of fuller more defined lips that exude usefulness and confidence? You’re not alone. Many of our patients share these desires, which is why we often recommend considering a lip augmentation. Lip augmentation is a sought-after cosmetic procedure that can give you the plump and youthful lips you’ve been longing for. It’s a simple solution to common concerns.
During this minimally invasive procedure, we use FDA approved dermal fillers, like hyaluronic acid based products. With precision, we inject the filler to specific areas of your lips, carefully crafting the volume and shape you desire. Our goal is always to achieve natural looking results that harmonize with your facial features. One of the remarkable benefits of this procedure is the minimal downtime. You can expect to resume your daily activity shortly after, and the results will only get better in the weeks that follow.
At Naples Plastic Surgery, we’re dedicated to delivering natural looking results, prioritizing your safety and satisfaction. Lip augmentation can be the key to unlocking your confidence and enhancing your overall facial balance. If lip augmentation or any other cosmetic procedure is of interest to you, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re here to help you look and feel your absolute best.
Lip Augmentation in Naples
Dr. Gardner, Dr. Baccaro, Dr. Walsh, and Dr. Bonett treat many women in Naples seeking lip enhancement for the following reasons:
- Your lips are naturally thin and may disappear when smiling
- Your lips become thinner from the aging process
- Self-consciousness about your lips or smile
- If having fuller and plump lips will balance out your facial characteristics
Certain types of lip augmentation are temporary, like injectable fillers, and can be modified to your exact specifications or preference. In addition to temporary solutions, lip implants offer a permanent solution, can be done under local anesthetic in the office, and only takes a week to recover. Lip injections are also done in the office, and our doctors provide a dental block to allow for painless lip plumping. Recovery is only a few hours but bruising can last up to a week.
The Lip Enhancement Procedure
There are several different types of ways to augment to lips. Dr. Gardner, Dr. Baccaro, Dr. Walsh, and Dr. Bonett can offer you different options depending upon your preference and goals.
- Fat Transfer – With this procedure, extra fat can be taken from elsewhere on the body and injected into your lips.
- Fillers – Lip fillers derived from natural or synthetic material act as a fat substitute to plump lips.
- Dermal Graft – This may be among the most permanent methods of lip augmentation. The lip is surgically advanced forward and a dermal fat graft is positioned under the lining of the lip to add additional plumpness.
- Vermillion Advancement – This lip enhancement procedure involved an incision on the border of the colored portion of your lips. A strip of skin is removed from the outside of the border and the colored portion is pulled out to increase the area of the lips.
- Lip Implants – Lip implants are a popular method of enhancement. The implants are inserted through tiny incisions in the corners of the mouth. With many synthetic and natural options available, Dr. Gardner, Dr. Baccaro, Dr. Walsh, Dr. Bonett and their respective patient will decide together which option best suits the desired result.
- Lip Lift – This procedure takes place by removing extra skin and lifting the lips. This method of lip augmentation is effective for people with downward sloping mouths. To increase the lift on the upper lip, an incision is made below the nose and the skin is shortened to pull the lips vertically.
Recovering from Lip Augmentation
The downtime from nonsurgical options like filler injections is minimal, you may however, experience some slight bruising or swelling which diminishes over time. The downtime from surgical lip augmentation may involve bruising and swelling with mild discomfort for a few days. Our doctors provide post-care instructions appropriate for recovering from your procedure.
Your Lip Augmentation
Health is the highest priority to Dr. Paul Gardner, Dr. Leo Baccaro, Dr. Mark Walsh, and Dr. Andrew Bonett, so they work with great care when performing lip augmentation procedures to improve the aesthetics and contours of the face. They takes pride in helping patients begin their journey toward their aesthetic goals and strive to help patients obtain the beautiful results they desire.
Additional Plastic Surgery Procedures
with Dr. Gardner, Dr. Baccaro, Dr. Walsh, and Dr. Bonett
The surgical team at Naples Plastic Surgery has a long-standing, stellar reputation for outstanding levels of skill, talent, and beautiful results. Dr. Paul M. Gardner, Dr. Leopoldo M. Baccaro, Dr. Mark Walsh, and Dr. Andrew Bonett are all highly trained, experienced, and respected in the Naples community.