Male Hair Restoration (Hair Replacement)
Naples Plastic Surgery
Hair loss is an extremely common problem which affects many men. It can be caused by stress, disease, medical treatments, genetics, and age. Some causes of hair loss can be relieved or even reversed, but many people experience a permanent hair loss that can lead to a loss of self-confidence. Hair restoration will restore a youthful look and remove any reason for a wig or hairpiece, providing a permanent solution to thinning hair or hair loss.
Your Hair Restoration ProcedureDepending on the area being treated, different methods may be utilized for your hair transplant or restoration. In every case, hair follicles are re-positioned from an area with active follicles to the thinning or balding area. Dr. Gardner will use local anesthetic in both the area receiving and the area donating the hair follicles.
Your Hair Restoration Options
- NeoGraft® Follicular Unit Extraction – This groundbreaking method of hair transplantation removes individual hair follicles from the scalp in their naturally occurring groupings of about 1-4 hairs and then places them in the areas of the scalp where balding has occurred. It is the least invasive procedure for hair transplantation, using no stitches or staples and leaving no unsightly scars.
- Stem Cell Injections- Stem cells are harvested from the blood and injected into the scalp to promote hair growth.
- Strip Harvesting – A strip of hair is removed, typically from the back of the head. The strip is then divided into several pieces and transplanted to the balding area.
- Follicular Unit Extraction – The actual hair follicles are taken from a large area around the head and then placed in the thinning or bald area.
- Flap Surgery – A section of the balding area is replaced with skin that contains active hair follicles. It will cover a large area of baldness and hair will grow back immediately.
- Scalp Reduction – Typically performed in addition to hair transplants. A section of bald scalp is removed, and skin containing active hair follicles is pulled to fill the area.
Your Hair Restoration Scars & Incisions
Dr. Gardner will work with you in assessing where hair follicles should be removed for transplant. He will use his expertise to decide on a discreet location to perform the incision with minimum scar visibility. Typically, scars are unnoticeable as they will be covered by hair. Be sure to speak with Dr. Gardner about your options, concerns, and aesthetic goals for this procedure.
How Long Will My Results Last?
Your hair transplant or restoration should last indefinitely. Every patient is different, and you should understand that treatment may take up to several years depending on the severity of your personal hair loss situation. Sometimes, additional loss of your original hair may occur, or the hair may not look as full as you would like. In cases like these you can schedule an additional procedure at Gardner Plastic Surgery, and we will continue to do all we can to help you achieve your hair restoration goals.