Hair Restoration (Hair Replacement)
Naples Plastic Surgery
Hair loss is an extremely common problem that affects men and women. Hair loss can be caused by stress, disease, medical treatments, genetics, and age. Some causes of hair loss can be relieved or even reversed, but many people experience permanent hair loss that inevitably leads to a loss of self-confidence. Hair restoration or transplants can help men and women who suffer due to baldness or thinning hair.
Hair Restoration in Naples
Hair restoration can restore a youthful look and often replaces wigs or hairpieces. Hair restoration or transplants can serve as a permanent solution to thinning hair or hair loss.
If you suffer from male or female baldness or thinning hair, hair restoration or transplants can resolve hair loss problems caused by medication, stress, or medical treatments. If your hair loss is not caused by any of these factors, you should still consider hair restoration as a viable option. You should also understand that treatment may take up to several years depending on the severity of your personal hair loss situation.
Your Hair Restoration ProcedureDepending on the area being treated, different methods may be utilized for your hair transplant or restoration. In every case, hair follicles are re-positioned from one area to the thinning or balding area. Your surgeon, either Dr. Paul Gardner or Dr. Leo Baccaro, will start by using local anesthetic in the areas used for both donating and receiving the hair follicles. Dr. Gardner or Dr. Baccaro will then divide the removed area of hair follicles into many small segments, each holding anywhere from a single strand to multiple hairs, which will be transplanted into the balding or thinning areas. Typically, scars are hardly noticeable because they are covered by hair.
Your Hair Restoration Options
- NeoGraft® Follicular Unit Extraction – This groundbreaking method of hair transplantation removes individual hair follicles from the scalp in their naturally occurring groupings of about 1-4 hairs and then places them in the areas of the scalp where balding has occurred. It is the least invasive procedure for hair transplantation, using no stitches or staples and leaving no unsightly scars.
- Stem Cell Injections - Stem cells are harvested from the blood and injected into the scalp to promote hair growth.
- Strip Harvesting – This method removes a strip of hair, typically from the back of the head. The strip is then divided into several pieces and transplanted to the area being treated.
- Follicular Unit Extraction – The actual hair follicles are individually taken from a large area around the head then placed to the thinning or bald area.
- Flap Surgery – A section of balding area is replaced with skin that contains active hair follicles. It will cover a large area of thinning hair or baldness and hair should grow back immediately.
- Scalp Reduction – Typically performed additionally to hair transplants. This will involve the removal of a section of bald scalp and pulling the hair to fill in the removed area.
Your Hair Restoration Scars & Incisions
Dr. Gardner or Dr. Baccaro will work with you to assess exactly where hair follicles should be removed for transplant. Your surgeon will point out which locations provide the most discreet areas to perform incisions with minimal scar visibility. Typically, scars are unnoticeable as they will be covered by hair. Speak with your surgeon about your options, concerns, and aesthetic goals.
How Long Will My Results Last?
Your hair transplant or restoration should last indefinitely. Sometimes, additional hair loss occurs in the original hair, or the hair may not look as full as originally desired. In cases like this you can schedule an additional procedure at Gardner Plastic Surgery.