Naples Plastic Surgery
Mommy makeovers are designed to restore the natural beauty you enjoyed prior to pregnancy. Gardner Plastic Surgery offers this incredible procedure to moms of any age. A mommy makeover can include a tummy tuck, breast augmentation or lift, and liposuction for various parts of the body like the legs, abdomen, or arms. Dr. Gardner has a long track record of improving the lives and bodies of mothers in Naples and throughout Southwest Florida with mommy makeovers.
What Mommy Makeovers Treat
- Stubborn fat around the stomach, arms, or thighs.
- You wish to correct sagging skin or stretch marks
- If pregnancy adversely affected your breasts size or shape
Mommy Makeovers in Naples
A mommy makeover is not a singular procedure. It is a series of procedures that are meant to restore your body to the natural beauty you enjoyed before pregnancy. Depending on your personalized requirements, Dr. Gardner may suggest a combination of the following procedures:
Tummy Tuck - Pregnancy causes your “inner girdle” to stretch and expand. This stretching causes your abdomen to develop loose, excess skin following pregnancy. An abdominoplasty will remove the excess skin, fat, and stretch marks as well and tightening muscles and connective tissue.
Breast Lift – This procedure is designed to rejuvenate uneven or sagging breasts, expanded areolas, and undesirable nipples. Mothers who would like to return their breasts to their youthful state can consider a breast lift. Women who would prefer their breasts to be more rounded, larger, or smaller can also consider a breast augmentation or reduction.
Breast Reduction – Typically during pregnancy, women’s breasts swell to a larger size. Occasionally the breasts will stay large even after pregnancy. In some cases, the enlarged breasts can cause discomfort, pain, back problems, or overall negatively affect your health. Breast reduction will remove the fat and tissue as well as tighten the skin to provide moms with smaller breasts.
Breast Augmentation – Mothers may experience their breasts becoming uneven or misshapen during and after pregnancy. Breast augmentation allows moms to restore their breast size and shape with implants.
Liposuction – Women typically gain weight during pregnancy and it can be difficult to work it off. Moms can utilize liposuction to improve the appearance by removing accumulated fat in the hips, flanks, thighs, arms, and more.
Recovering from Your Mommy Makeover
Recovery times for the individual surgeries that made up your mommy makeover are all different. You should take care in following the post-care instructions provided by Gardner Plastic Surgery.
- Liposuction – Dr. Gardner will discuss how long it should be before you are able to return to normal activity. Typically total recovery only takes around a month but can last longer depending on the extent of the liposuction.
- Tummy Tuck – This procedure typically requires a few days of bed rest with minimal activity and a compression garment to reduce swelling. Normal activity becomes possible again after a few weeks.
- Breast Lift – Following this procedure you will be wearing compression garments and be informed about the symptoms and pain you may feel. The recovery time for a breast lift varies from person to person but it typically only takes around a week to return to light activity, like going to work. It can take up to several weeks to return to all regular activity.
- Breast Reduction – Depending on the individual, Dr. Gardner will provide you with a general idea about performing any activities over a time period. Full range of motion should return within 2 months.
- Breast Augmentation – Follow your patient care instructions provided by Dr. Gardner. It will be important to walk around frequently to minimize the risk of blood clots. Typically it takes a month to recover from breast augmentation to return to regular activity.
Following patient care and recovery instructions provided by Dr. Gardner are incredibly important for every single procedure and should be followed explicitly. If you have any questions or concerns or are feeling significant pain following your procedure, do not hesitate to contact our office at 239-566-2611
To schedule a mommy makeover consultation with Dr. Gardner, please use our contact form